Click on image to enlarge
ArcticWhite offers all of our high quality polypropylene and polystyrene microplates coated with a 200nm thick layer of silicone dioxide. The glass coating provides the microplates with a chemical resistance and surface properties similar to glass while retaining the advantages of the polypropylene or polystyrene base plate. Other benefits include:
- Eliminates the need to use limited volume glass inserts with plastic microplates and no breakage.
- Excellent for pharmaceutical applications where bare polystyrene and polypropylene microplates are not applicable.
- Glass coated plates are chemically and thermally resistant and will tolerate temperatures from -80oC to +80oC
- Low extractables and low leachables
- Reduced Oxygen transmission rate
When working with compounds that are highly hydrophobic the use of glass-coated microplates will be of benefit because the glass will minimize the partitioning of the lipophilic compounds to the microplate surface interface.
Our glass coated microplates combine the benefits of plastic with a contact surface of high-purity glass, thus providing a microplate product with performance characteristics distinctive from glass insert microplates or plastic microplates alone.
Some examples of current standard products that are glass coated for customer’s specific applications.
|Standard Plate||Glass Coated Plate|